Saturday, January 14, 2012

What now?


Struggling all my life with my faith was hard

A period of 10 months where I believed without a doubt was an experience

Becoming an Atheist... the best thing that ever happened to me.


But after the moment where I realized I didn’t believe in a God at all I had a decision to make, “what now?”.


Some Christians told me

“Well you certainly can’t be in ministry. You don’t know God yourself, so how can you lead other people to Him?”

“You’re a false prophet, God damns people who don’t know Him but teach about Him”

“If you don’t believe He exists why would you want to teach about Him, it’s stupid.”

“Once you get “right” with God again you’ll be ready to do his Work again”

“Don’t worry you’ll make the right choice to believe one day”


I seriously contemplated devoting my entire life to Atheism. Perhaps I would screw with some Christians in my spare time too? They really do make making them squirm all too easy.


Then I realized something. I may not believe God exists... but I’m no atheist. Perhaps, we have made these terms too black and white. Perhaps, I have given too much power to the loud voices instead of the True one.

No comments:

Post a Comment