Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” The one thing I repeated with every surge of power I got from belief in only myself.


There are many different “nonbelievers” for many different reasons.


Some don’t believe because there just simply isn’t a God. They believe in knowledge, logic, and science. They need hard scientific evidence to believe something.


Some don’t believe because they have never heard about Jesus. Maybe their parents never went to church and the area they lived in wasn’t particularly Christian.


Some don’t believe because something terrible or terrible things happened to them. Perhaps they are sad or mad at God. If God exists it means He let these things happen. (Or the same but different of this variety) Maybe something so bad happened to them, they can’t understand God’s love because it is so foreign to them.



Then there is the alpha of all the nonbeliever types. They may or may not have started out this way. They could of at one point in their life been the most devout Christian. THEN IT HAPPENED!

What’s the “it”? Well, I’m not sure but when it happens to them, you WILL be aware of their presence. It may be just one of the reasons for doubt I listed above or a combination of all three, who knows?


Ultimately what happens is pure raw power. Belief in God is humbling. It’s admitting you need Him and you need your brothers and sisters in Christ. But, belief is exhausting. It takes much effort to believe in God and to believe in people... both can let you down pretty bad. The Top Dog of all nonbelievers is the one who not only doesn’t believe in God, but also discovers they don’t need God and they don’t need people. Their belief lies in themselves. The scariest part of all is the ecstasy this kind of non-belief brings. It feels more incredible than God. It let’s you do impossible things. It makes anything possible. Many have interest is freeing others as well.


There is so much I don’t understand. Why didn’t anyone tell me the power and results of non-belief?


I pray psalm23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever

No comments:

Post a Comment