Thursday, January 12, 2012

Haters Gonna Hate


When expressing fears and doubts I get a lot of haters. I just don’t understand why the feeling of anger arises. Is it fear? Are you scared for me? Are you scared for yourself? Are you scared of me? Does my doubt threaten you? Loss of Faith is nothing to be scared of. As I work through it, i welcome it more and more.

Maybe it’s because for some people a loss of faith means hell. I don’t believe God would damn anyone relentlessly seeking Him... not for something as small as doubt.

If there is one thing I pray for it is that people could understand how I can be an atheist but be seeking God more intensely than ever before.

If you can’t see how God is working through the faithless and lost... you don’t know God, not the God I know. I no longer envy your ability to believe without doubt.

“Those who believe that they believe in God, but without passion in their hearts, without anguish in mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, without an element of despair even in their consolation, believe only in the God idea, not God Himself”

I used to put so much pressure on myself to believe all for the sake of making Christians comfortable. Praise be to God for taking my faith away because now I’m not scared anymore. I can seek my Lord instead of seeking the ability to know and fit in.

Sometimes you just gotta say it - Haters gonna Hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment