Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Response to Myself

So, you don’t need Me anymore?

I guess not. I’m sorry.

Come to me.

But I can’t Believe

That’s not what I said

I don’t understand...

Come walk beside me.


And for some reason that’s all you need to hear.There is only one thing a nonbeliever can’t do without God: Believe.


Why do we as christians, leaders, and mentors make such a huge deal about believing? Disbelief is beautiful. Disbelief is humbling.


Everyone’s wrong. Salvation doesn’t come from us having faith and believing... at least for me it never did.


Can I tell you a secret? I don’t go to the broken or lost to save them . I go to them to see and feel God. That’s where God is. I hate the “Real need vs. Felt need” BS and I hate how unhumble youth ministry students are about getting to come into contact with God’s faithless.


Tell me, what do you think of the struggling, doubting, and broken? What do you think of Salvation? What do you think of the Sinner’s prayer?

3 comments: